Tap Dance - Recreation - Level 1
Time & Location
About The Event
No Previous Experience Necessary!
The rhythm and movement of tap, created by the metal taps on the heels and toes of a dancer’s shoes, transforms the dancer into a percussive musician.
This Tap Class is an Introduction to this dynamic dance discipline where students will learn rhythm, style and musicality through percussive footwork. Students will learn technique, terminology, and various styles of tap. Tap was initially popularized in Hollywood by such great dancers as Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers and Shirley Temple and more recently, by the hugely popular performers Tap Dogs, Stomp and Riverdance.
This class will teach the basic tap dance skills necessary for musical theatre auditions.
Class Minimum 6, Maximum 12
Instructor: Brady VanVaerenbergh
Tuesdays, 7:15 PM to 8:30 PM
- Winter Term: January 7 to March 10 (Open House - March 10)
- Spring Term: March 17 to June 2 (Open House - June 2)
Final Recital (June Showcase) - TBA
Tuition: $60 per month/$180 full session (winter term)
10% discount for second sibling registration
10% discount for second dance class
15% discount for third dance class
$25 registration fee will be added to your registration.
Yellow Door Theatre Project Offers:
- An intimate classroom environment
- A safe, clean facility equipped with a dance floor, stage area, sound system and props
- Qualified professional instructors
- End of term Open House
- Dress Rehearsal and Final Showcase
- A fun-filled experience!
- Introduction to ensemble dance work
- Dance vocabulary and dance step memorization
- Understanding theatre areas, conventions and spacial awareness
- Develop focus and listening skills
- Movement skills related to musical theatre
- Boys and Girls - comfortable clothing that allows for movement (this includes sweat pants, leggings, shorts, and T-Shirts/long or short sleeved tops). No jeans, please.
- Shoes - The best shoe to choose for classes is a leather jazz oxford. These may also be worn during performance. Each class member is responsible for purchasing and labeling their own rehearsal footwear.
- Hair - Long hair to be worn back and off the face (bring an elastic!).
- Any time prior to the beginning of classes you may receive a full refund of fees. Once the classes have started you will receive a 50% refund of the fees you have paid.
- Registration Fees are non-refundable after February 1st.
- All cancellations must be done in writing and delivered in person, by mail, or email.