Junior 2 Music Theatre
Time & Location
About The Event
This hour long, weekly class will be an introduction to the world of musical theatre! Classes will involve drama games, ensemble music and beginner dance.
The children will begin to explore singing, dancing and acting to excerpts from age appropriate musicals. Our professional and experienced instructors will support the children through the creative process and develop their confidence and connection to one another.
The program runs all year, from September to June, and culminates in a final showcase performance, with costumes and an audience!
There will be an open house offered to families at the completion of each term.
Class Minimum 8, Maximum 16
Instructors: Andorlie Hillstrom & Elisa Rastegar
Saturdays, 11:15 AM – 12:30 PM
- Fall Term: September 7 to December 14 (Open House - December 14)
- Winter Term: January 11 to March 14 (Open House - March 14)
- Spring Term: March 21 to June 6 (Open House - June 6)
Final Recital (June Showcase) - TBA
Tuition: $550 per year
10% discount for second sibling registration.
$25 annual registration fee will be added to your registration for the year.
*If your child is participating in the June Showcase there will be a $35 costume fee.
Yellow Door Theatre Project Offers:
- An intimate classroom environment
- A safe, clean facility equipped with a dance floor, stage area, sound system and props
- Qualified professional instructors
- End of term Open House
- Dress Rehearsal and Final Showcase
- A fun-filled experience!
- Introduction to ensemble vocal work
- Use of the imagination to create characters and environments
- Beginning music lyric memorization
- Simple movement
- Boys and Girls - comfortable clothing that allows for movement (this includes sweat pants, leggings, shorts, and T-Shirts/long or short sleeved tops). No jeans, please.
- Shoes - The best shoe to choose for classes is a leather jazz oxford. These may also be worn during performance. Each class member is responsible for purchasing and labeling their own rehearsal footwear.
- Hair - Long hair to be worn back and off the face (bring an elastic!).
- Any time prior to the beginning of classes you may receive a full refund of fees. Once the classes have started you will receive a 50% refund of the fees you have paid.
- Registration Fees are non-refundable after October 1st.
- All cancellations must be done in writing and delivered in person, by mail, or email.