Ballet - Recreation - Level 1
Time & Location
About The Event
No Previous Experience Necessary!
Ballet is a classical dance form characterized by grace and precision of movement. Ballet is considered the foundation of all dance.
This Introductory ballet class will emphasize Balle Barre and Centre Floor exercises. This class will teach the basic ballet dance skills necessary for musical theatre auditions.
Class Minimum 6, Maximum 12
Instructor: Natalka Williams
Tuesdays, 6:15 PM to 7:30 PM
- Winter Term: January 7 to March 10 (Open House - March 10)
- Spring Term: March 17 to June 2 (Open House - June 2)
Final Recital (June Showcase) - TBA
Tuition: $50 per month/$150 full session (winter term)
10% discount for second sibling registration
10% discount for second dance class
15% discount for third dance class
$25 registration fee will be added to your registration.
Yellow Door Theatre Project Offers:
- An intimate classroom environment
- A safe, clean facility equipped with a dance floor, stage area, sound system and props
- Qualified professional instructors
- End of term Open House
- Dress Rehearsal and Final Showcase
- A fun-filled experience!
- Introduction to ensemble dance work
- Dance vocabulary and dance step memorization
- Understanding theatre areas, conventions and spacial awareness
- Develop focus and listening skills
- Movement skills related to musical theatre
- Boys and Girls - comfortable clothing that allows for movement (this includes sweat pants, leggings, shorts, and T-Shirts/long or short sleeved tops). No jeans, please.
- Shoes - The best shoe to choose for classes is a leather jazz oxford. These may also be worn during performance. Each class member is responsible for purchasing and labeling their own rehearsal footwear.
- Hair - Long hair to be worn back and off the face (bring an elastic!).
- Any time prior to the beginning of classes you may receive a full refund of fees. Once the classes have started you will receive a 50% refund of the fees you have paid.
- Registration Fees are non-refundable after February 1st.
- All cancellations must be done in writing and delivered in person, by mail, or email.